What do you require:
- PoxyArt Craft Resin
- Any silicone mould
- Mixing cup
- Mixing Sticks
- Pinata Alcohol Ink – You need the Pinata Blanco White to achieve this effect
- Silicone working mat
- Lighter, to pop any small bubbles on the surface
How did we do it:
- Make sure your working surface is level before.
- Mix your PoxyArt Craft Resin as per the mixing instructions.
- Fill your silicone mould to the desired height.
- You can now pop you bubbles with your lighter. We used a pressure pot to eliminate all small bubbles, but you do not need to do this. You can warm your Resin bottles in some lukewarm water before mixing, this also help to prevent bubbles in your mix.
- Now drop your Ink colours onto your resin, followed with a drop of Blanco White Ink on every drop of colour. You can can decide to add another layer of colour on top, but remember you need to follow with a drop of Blanco White. The more layers you do on top of each other the more your ink will drop, to create the Petri effect. Add to much and it will sink all the way to the bottom of your mould. You need to play to learn.
- At this point we put our resin in the pressure pot and left it under pressure over night.
- Close your work with a bowl or a box to protect it from dust.
- Un-mould after 24 hours.